Monday, April 27, 2009

clocks have wings?

There's no other possible explanation as to why my time is flying away from me at such a high speed. In other words, dy/dt = 43573985340968509304894035 hours/day. I guess that would be dt/dt then? Or are Newton and Leibniz tittering at me right now?

Well, it is what it is, and I know the sneaky little bugger that caused it: ME. Shocker. I have become international champion time-waster/procrastinator, and it was all consciously done. (You can leave now, Dr. Freud, this doesn't concern you. By the way, is anyone else amused by the fact that Freud once wrote to a friend about his daughter, Anna, who was also a psychologist: "Anna has become downright beautiful through naughtiness." Talk about COMPLEX.) Anyway, my deliberate wasting of time throughout the year and all the way into the last week before AP's has put me into quite the predicament. However, I can't say that I didn't enjoy myself doing so. And chances are that I'll continue to foolishly while away this week by writing blog posts (that was a joke; you know I never do that) and discovering some fascinating things on the Internet. Take this sentence, for example: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. It's completely grammatically correct! If you figure it out on your own you paid some serious attention in Ms. Thompson's class.

Well there's your daily dose of somewhat sequitur. More like...semi-annual dose. And reading back through it, I've decided I've become a thoroughly uninteresting person. Give me one more chance? Please? How about a month from now?

It's a deal :)

2 comments:

Oryza said...

It's okay, Sravya! "Time you enjoyed wasting is not time wasted." :)

And I think the fact that you had "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" on your blog post just made you so much more amazing and interesting :P

Catherine said...

well, I don't think you're wasting your time ^__^